Troy Historic Village Seasonal Program
Wednesdays, September 6 – October 25, 6:30 – 7:30 pm
The practice of tai chi is rooted in ancient Chinese martial arts. Today, this mind-body practice has value in treating or preventing many health problems, and is even CDC-approved for fall prevention. Plus, Tai Chi is:
- Excellent for those who may have problems with balance & coordination or may be prone to falling
- Low impact exercise, slow moving, especially good for those recuperating from joint surgery
- Helpful for people with Parkinson’s as it encourages the mind-body connection
- The only exercise that uses every muscle and tendon in the body
- Excellent for breast cancer survivors
- Reduces stress & anxiety
- Lowers blood pressure
Join for our September/October Tai Chi series! Certified tai chi instructor Lynn Lim will guide you through this “meditation in motion” outside on the beautiful Village green. Learn the entire form over 8 classes. No experience necessary to participate.
Price: FREE/THS Members; $7/class ($56/series) for Non-members. Advance registration required, call 248-524-3570.
Mondays September 11 – October 16, 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Increased flexibility, strength, muscle tone, mental clarity and calmness are just a few of the many physical and mental benefits of practicing yoga. Instructors from Troy-based Explore Yoga will lead students through yoga postures and breath-work in classes appropriate for all levels of experience, from beginner to advanced. Price: FREE/THS members and Explore Yoga members; $7 per class/non-members. Register in advance for the entire 6-week series or for individual classes.
Price: FREE/THS Members; $7/class42/series) for Non-members. Advance registration required. Call 248-524-3570.