Troy Historical Society Community Development Director. Click here to view details.
Troy Historical Society Volunteer and Guest Services Coordinator. Click here to view details.
Click here for an Employment Application. Do not use the Internship Application.
- Do you have a passion for history, arts and culture?
- A talent for business management or fund development?
- Social media or website development skills?
- An interest in gardening, crafting, sewing or smithing?
- You can help the Troy Historic Village share the stories of our region’s heritage!
Our volunteers support the operations of the Village in many ways. They engage the public as docents in historic buildings and greeters during special events. They work behind the scenes on event planning committees, in writing and research groups and with our curatorial staff to preserve artifacts and archival collections. They raise funds, repair textiles, garden, decorate, clean and repair historic buildings and so much more. Whether you have a little or a lot of time to give, you can get involved.
Why volunteer? You will:
- Meet new friends and fellow volunteers
- Use your skills and talents in important and meaningful ways
- Thrive in a supportive environment—we love our volunteers!
- Enjoy free general admission and free/discounted tickets to a number of our special events and programs
Interested? Here’s how to get involved:
Once you’ve completed your application, our Volunteer Coordinator will be in touch to schedule a brief New Volunteer Orientation session with you. Orientation typically takes 45 – 60 minutes, and gives you a chance to become familiar with Troy’s history, the mission of the Troy Historical Society and the many ways in which volunteers support Village operations—and how you might use your skills and talents here. After you’ve experienced Orientation, you will be ready to volunteer!
Are you looking for a service project for your club, youth group, co-workers or other group? Do you need to fulfill court-ordered community service hours? Please contact our Adult Programs & Services Director at email@example.com or 248.524.3309 to discuss volunteer opportunities.
The Troy Historical Society welcomes undergraduate and graduate students who wish to complete unpaid, for-credit internships and practicums to fulfill academic requirements. Internships are available in a variety of subject areas including but not limited to:
- American History/Research
- Museum Studies
- Archive Management
- Nonprofit Management
- Graphics Design
- Accounting and Finance
- Historic Preservation
- Technology/Social Media/Website management
To apply for an internship, please complete and submit a printed Intern Application or fill out the one below. Applications must be submitted at least 4 weeks before the term starts. Following submission of an application, individuals will be contacted to schedule an interview and to discuss potential intern projects and work experiences. The final selection of interns is at the discretion of the Executive Director.