Edward Peck built his original general store in 1832 on the northeast corner of Livernois at Square Lake Road. By 1920, a number of men had run the business, including Frank Cutting, a Civil War veteran, who was the storeowner from 1882 to 1915. Store proprietors were also commonly appointed postmaster, and local residents picked up their mail when they shopped. After the Detroit United Railway ran an electric trolley line up Livernois from Royal Oak Troy Township, the store also served as a ticket office and a waiting room for passengers and a platform from which farmers shipped their produce and milk to Detroit. The old store was finally demolished in 1963 and replaced by a bank. This representation of the store was constructed in the Village in 1989.